Some things that stock the Kunstkabinett inventory:
- James Bidgood – LaChapelle before LaChapelle
- Taxidermy – how I love my little collection of animal skulls and bones
- Netsuke – one of the first art shows I saw in an independent gallery in Toronto was of phallic Japanese sculptures and that is how I fell into the netsuke-hole
- H.R. Giger chair – a bit more phallic than real life, but I’ve never been one for restraint
- Robert Fludd‘s Tree of Life – Alex Grey before LSD
To be added:
- Pierre Molinier – French surreal erotic photographer (1900-1976) surely deserving of prime retail space at Kunstkabinett.